One of Abington Wind Band’s aims is to help raise money for charitable causes by providing musical entertainment or background music at various functions.
A typical programme would be that we play for about 45 minutes, have a short interval (to catch our breath and have some refreshment.) We would then play for a final session of about 30 minutes. This can be varied, within reason.
This is what we would need:
- a suitable venue (a hall or outside space)
- 30 to 35 chairs without armrests.
- an adjacent power socket for our electric bass
- nearby parking, with a few very close for bulky and heavy instruments
- shelter from the rain or direct sun for outdoor venues
Would you like us to entertain your organisation?
Then – email our secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 07772 048427.
We’d love to hear from you.
It would be helpful to have at least a month’s notice – but the longer the better. Then we’ll have more time to arrange and rehearse a suitable programme.